[RP] Re: Wiki

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: [RP] Re: Wiki
Date: Sun Feb 22 14:50:05 2004

Cameron Patrick <address@hidden> writes:

> Yeah, I've set up a couple of Oddmuse wikis - it's easy to set up,
> easy to put content into, and given a CSS file can even look
> reasonable.  It's quite nice.  Moinmoin is another possibility, as it
> is more featureful, but perhaps also a bit messier.

I don't really think we need any of MoinMoin's more esoteric features
anyway. Also, OddMuse is quite hackable, and if we find we need
something in particular, odds are that someone already has written a
module for it.

And, as I said, I think that given the overlap between Emacs and
ratpoison users, it's a good bet that a lot of ratpoison users already
are familiar with OddMuse.

> Can't really help with hosting it though (have ADSL with a dynamic IP
> and 64kbit uplink...).  It might be possible to run Oddmuse on
> ratpoison.sf.net?

I guess it is. I offered to host it under my domain, since I guess it
wont take much bandwidth, and it's more convenient for me to do it that
way.

Unless Shawn or Ryan really wants to have it under ratpoison.sf.net,
I'll get on with it.

--
Björn Lindström <address@hidden>
http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/