pspp-dev

Re: criteria for version 1.0

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: criteria for version 1.0
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:02:07 -0700

unknown-1 <address@hidden> writes:

> 2008/10/25 Ben Pfaff
>
>     unknown-1  writes:
>
>     > - a commandline interface to make it possible to use it the mswindows
>     way
>
>     I do not know what this means.  Can you explain?
>
> Psppire should accept a filename as first commandline parameter.  Bug 20606

OK, I understand now.  I think that John is working on that, or
at least thinking about it, given a recent conversation with him
on #pspp.

>       > - a stable help feature with good help text (I have never been able to
>     see the current one working)
>
>     Have you described your problems here or filed a bug report?
>
> Yes, it is bug 23138
>
> I just checked with the 0.6.1. on openSUSE 11. I get a Yelp
> error with different error codes for every try. The messages is
> the same. Does it work on other platforms?

The Help|Reference Manual menu item works for me, but the Help
buttons in dialog boxes do not.  (I don't know if they're meant
to work.)

Probably, we should convert the manual to HTML and use a web
browser, instead of using yelp.

Now, I have set the target version on bug 23138 to "Before 1.0".

As always, thank you for the feedback.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org