[Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:12:14 +0200

Hi all,

Just to let you know, Protux is working again with the new Jmb slot - Context
- Mode - Jogmode approach/concept.

What does it mean:

- Probably a few bugs need to be solved.
- Actions are performed on a Context/Mode basis. So wen the mouse is Upon a
Clip, only Clip actions are performed. When the mouse is UponClip and you
type < S > (Select) the Clip is selected. But when you type n < S > (type in
a number and Select) a Song is selected.
See it yourself ;-)

If you haven't read my whitepaper, it's worth reading it, so you know what the
JmbContext/Mode is about, and hopefully understand how Protux is working
now ;-)

If you think you found a bug, or behavior of some actions is not as we wanted
to be, please let me know.

There are some known issues:

- Detecting of Objects (like Clip) is not done perfectly well, there is some
pixel offset, so when the mouse is at the edge of a Clip and you perform a
Clip action, it could cause a segfault. This is being worked on.
- The MTA and MTP area should be one MustuxWidget, but since they are 2
separate ones, it causes sometimes problems when mouse is Upon MTP. (Actions
aren't performed, but they should be) This needs some rework on how MTA and
MTP are made in Song.

Some bugs are solved, most notably the "Jmb not responding anymore when 'Alt
Tab' shortkey is used"
Importing Audio is working again.

Well, thats it. I hope you enjoy it all, though no new features ;-(

Greetings,

Remon