[Protux-devel] update_properties/plughw was still not working

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] update_properties/plughw was still not working
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:54:32 +0100

Hi Luciano,

update_properties/plughw was still not working, due the following:

MADM::init() detected the card + busses, and probed the valid modes _always_
with tryPlugHw=false.

update_properties called Mixer::validate_buses() but then the "valid modes"
for all busses have to be revalidated!

So I added MADM::probe_busses_valid_modes() and used the code (removed it
also) from MADM::init().

Only thing which has to be done while using MADM is that you _have_to_ call
MADM::probe_busses_valid_modes(), else the busses aren't validated, but if I
understand it properly this is the way MADM is supposed to work?

I you agree then I'll upload these (small) changes.

RFC please!

Greetings,

Remon