Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM ava

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM available from CheapBytes.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:35:57 +0100

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> schrieb:
>Seems to me that it would be in eGW's best intrest to at least be on
>working terms
>with phpGW in the areas where our code is still shared.  There are still
>potential
>exploits in the code, there are in every project no matter the origins or
>language,
>and if we don't have a working relationship one of us is likely to be in
>big trouble
>down the road.  And given our user base vs. yours, i'm willing to bet it
>won't be us.

I also think the best idea is to work together. But i'm not shure if this is
possible.

Have a look at the images. You don't have any copyright on them, but they
are in phpgw's cvs. I don't know if dave did know it or not, only dave will
know. It's not important for me.
But from what i did see in the past, the license problem seems to be very
inportant for your project. So i'm a little bit surprissed that you just
leave images in your cvs. The javascript calendar which is released under
LGPL did become removed immediatily, because of some magic reason.

On the other dave is telling everyone that we don't produce free software,
since our fork. He does also not tell what the problem is. Dave(one of
leaders) and seek3r(another leader of your project) did jump in our channel
and tell people shit about us. And do not tell about literati was in your
channel and did tell shit too. literati is no offical leader of our project.
He did have a personal problem with dave.

So don't be suprissed when reiner is not willing to talk to much with you.
He said everything you need to know.

I can't see how we can work togehter, when your leaders are acting like
that.
We produce free software and will do so in the future. And it is totaly
unimportant for me what dave or seek3r are telling.

I can say, that i can talk with reiner and he will stop any fud. I'm not
sure if you can organize the same with dave and seek3r.

And i'm also willing working together on some standards or talking about
exploits togehter. We produce free software anyways.

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail