RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: RE: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:23:47 +0000

Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> From: Dave Hall [mailto:address@hidden
>>
>> Our plan is to make LDAP available as a read only snap shot of the
>SQL
>> contacts repository.  The LDAP contacts will be updated on
>> each change.
>>  We plan to use inetOrgPerson schema for the LDAP snap shot - thus
>> allowing compatiability with mozMail and LookOut (Depressed).  A
>> conversion script will need to be written for those users who
>> currently
>> use LDAP as the contacts storage repository.  I am not sure
>> if the Step
>> One crew are working on that yet, might be worth sorting out
>something
>> with them on that front.
I hope we can make it working in both ways. It is against the idea of ldap
in my eyes.

>Thats exact what we have in mind - Phillipp will post a
>concept/mapping
>for this as soon as he finished it.

I'm very interessted in this concept.

>Also there are are the nis and core LDAP standard schemas/classes that
>are
>of interest
>from our point.

I think we should first get the SQL part working, but should have ldap
support in our mind. We can add the LDAP support later, after we have the
core system working.

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail