RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal

From: Alex Borges
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal
Date: 09 Jul 2003 13:28:27 -0500

> I just mean, that it should be possible, that the phpgw-useraccounts are
> also visible in the addressbook.
>
> And it would also be nice, if we can use the internal phpgw-address-database
> and a external LDAP/NDS/... what ever server. So the gui of the addressbook
> should support multiple addressbooks.

Yes, indeed no problem.  The new database schema for contacts includes a
modification for the sql accounts table that has it import the
contact_id of a given contact that will represent the human data of that
account.

Its a matter of having the account classes aware of this
(accounts->get_contact_data(ac_id=null) method comes to mind) and the
ldap schema should have a phpgw_contact_id integer field added to it.

Boom, that simple.