RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:30:08 +0000

Brian Johnson <address@hidden> schrieb:
>I don't use ldap so my focus has been on the db.  Also, my opinion has
>
>been that the code behind the ldap interface will have to match the db
>
>schema (whatever that ends up being).  So if any changes to the db ARE
>
>needed for ldap, it would be great to know very soon.
>
>I don't think anyone is currently working on ldap for the new model
>yet
>but some people have done some preliminary investigation
>
>Could everybody interested in participating in the ldap work for the
>new
>addressbook post a message here so that people can see who's involved
>and
>everyone can work together

I'm very interessted in strong ldap support. But i think we should first get
the SQL part working, to have something to work with.

I have currently no idea how to integrate anything, what you can do with sql
,into ldap. But i think, if we do good 3-tier design, we should be able to
put the needed logic into the so-classes.

A very important feature is the integration of the ldap-useraccounts into
the addressbook.

That's what i mean. :)

Cu
--