Re: [Monotone-devel] buildbots

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] buildbots
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:36:38 +0100

Hi,

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> IMHO most are not working because they're failing to sync with
> monotone.ca… so the "red flags" are not too much to be trusted right now ;)

I didn't "trust" any of the red flags within at least the last six
months. I didn't even care to check for several days. But that's another
story.

My point here is that we should (at least) discuss automated testing. Do
we want to keep up the buildbot at all? Do we have the required
resources? If yes, we should decide on what systems and what library
versions to test with.

These issues have been brought up when I started nvm.stripped. Some were
worried about having to test every single combination of libraries,
which is probably too ambitious. But not caring at all seems a bit
naive, IMO.

We could for example land nvm.stripped and then simply adjust the
buildbots afterwards. (Which could be done together with a general
purpose cleanup of the buildbots). But I'm not maintaining a single
buildbot, so we should probably ask those, who do. They pretty certainly
have to do some work to get their bot to compile nvm.stripped.

AFAIK you, Lapo, are running some FreeBSD buildbots. Have you tested
them with nvm.stripped, for a start?

Regards

Markus Wanner