Re: [Monotone-devel] you may wonder what the hell I was doing recently .

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] you may wonder what the hell I was doing recently ...
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:27:55 +0100

Markus Wanner schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Thomas Keller wrote:
>> I've committed and pushed the fix in
>> ff4211218fda1c066b669b9a6bdf91a4cd44da9f. It's probably not needed on
>> the .stripped branch since the error comes from botan which we than no
>> longer have in-tree.
>
> Thanks. Yes, it's correct that only botan needs this flag. Since we drop
> our own botan build harness with nvm.stripped, that work-around isn't
> necessary anymore with nvm.stripped (as mentioned several times already).
>
> However, what currently puzzles me is, that I'm seeing duplicate "fixes":
> [...]
> What's going on here? (And why has -fpermissive vanished in the first
> place?)

Derek fixed / committed the issue with the patch I provided on the list,
but he didn't push. I didn't knew he committed, so I committed my own
change and pushed it later on. Then, Derek again noticed "hey, I forgot
to push, but I have other changes there as well, so it doesn't hurt -
clean merge" and pushed again. In the end, discussions over discussions
followed a very easy and probably short-lived patch... :)~

Zack: Merge .stripped already!!! ;)

Thomas.