lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) userdefs.h & lynxcfg:

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) userdefs.h & lynxcfg:
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 06:01:36 -0500 (EST)

991122 Henry Nelson wrote:
> 991121 Philip Webb offered 2 extra lines for  userdefs.h :
>> + * *** This is for those -- e.g. DOS users -- who do not have configure;
>> + * *** others should use the configure switch --enable-lynxcgi-links .
> People really should use one or the other.  If you use the configure script,
> then there shouldn't be a need to even look at userdefs.h let alone edit it.

it's that guy in the bleachers again (smile):
how do you tell Lynx where to find  lynx.cfg  with a configure --switch ?
how do you tell Lynx to number form fields with a configure --switch ?
NO, i don't want to have to remember to use run-time flags
or change options whenever i re-start Lynx (for numbered fields);
YES, numbering fields should have been added to  lynx.cfg  long ago.

anyway, if we adopt what you say as policy,
we should say so in BIG LETTERS at the top of  userdefs.h ,
not to mention some appropriate place in INSTALLATION.

of course by all means, let's clean up
the whole configure/userdefs/cfg/flags/options/keys mess ...