liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Danish version

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Danish version
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:28:31 +0000

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, David Redick wrote:

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 12:50:55PM +0000, Kasper Hviid wrote:
By the way, I really consider creating some more intelligent names for some of the maps. The names they have right know where made pretty quickly when I had to save them. Letting the first letter be in uppercase would also help.

big.bmp = Big 1.bmp
bored.bmp => Labyrinth 1.bmp
clean.bmp => Green.bmp
tiles.bmp => Space 2.bmp
3x3.bmp => Tick Tack Toe.bmp

I think all lowercase letters and no spaces
(use '_' or '-' or concat.) would be better.

just my 3 & 3/4 cents.

You got a point, David. Most systems can handle uppercase and space ( and >8 letters in the name), but its better to stay safe.

Your reply made me realize one important fact: That there is difference between the filename and the name shown inside LW. I just throught that the filename had the ".bmp"-part removed inside LW.

So the name of the files are *not* important. Its the name the user will see that matters!!

- Kasper

Få alle de nye og sjove ikoner med MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.dk/