liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Danish version

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Danish version
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 11:32:33 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:11:36PM +0000, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> A shame, really ... on the other hand, its really nice to know that my 32
> color textures wont be outdated right now! :-)
Well, your maps definitely look great! However I had 2 problems
including them in the game:

ac.bmp had no acm.bmp associated to it, and ac.bmp was "the map itself"
instead of being "the texture for the map".

rectm.bmp seems to have been "inverted", I had to exchange white and
black to have it work.

> Im a Windows user (I didnt tell you), so a binary would be great!
OK, the binary won't be ready tomorrow for sure, I can't compile it by
now, but I'll try to make one ASAP.

Now to describe you the way maps are associated to textures, here's what
I did:

Any texture called foo.* is automatically associated to a map named
foo.*. Having the same name is not such a problem since they are stored
in different directories. Alternatively I could add an option that would
be "consider filenames are equal if they are the same but the last
letter". I don't think it's mandatory, but please give me your opinion
on this.

Also, this works for builtin textures as well as for custom textures.
This means that with the current Liquid War version, you could use a
custom texture used "biere.bmp" it would automatically be associated to
the internal map "biere.pcx", which is named "Serieux destroy!".

And all your maps would work correctly out of the box provided that the
"m" is removed from the "map" names - unless I code the option
mentionned above.

Also, I'm renamming maps so that some of them have a prefix. For
instance your maps are prefixed with "Kasper - " so that when the user
chooses a map they are sorted by author. It happens that each author has
his own style designing maps, so it makes sense to sort them this way.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___