Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 22:20:57 +0200

On 09.04.2016 15:16, Dan Eble wrote:
these are the kinds of questions that should be asked before turning it on by
default and to decide whether the command to turn it off should be terse or
verbose.

That’s a misunderstanding, I didn’t want them to be turned on by default. The question is, is there any need for something like this:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \CompletionRhythmsOn
  }
}
\score {
  <<
    \new Voice { … }
    \new Voice \with { \CompletionRhythmsOff } { … }

}

That’s where I’m not sure; I only use the Completion…Engravers for ancient music, where it will generally be used in all voices at the same time. But there may be different use cases for modern music (e.g. with canons, motifs appearing on different measure positions…).

Best, Simon