Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 14:39:42 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

"Understand" and "execute as if it were written without relation to the
bar separations in the first place" are two different things.  Modern
syncopation tends to be executed with a stress on the tension to the
"straight" timing that just isn't appropriate for Renaissance music
since a shifted theme is just a shifted theme and does not warrant
hacking every note into accentuated pieces.

It's like circling every stave in alliterative verse, with the speaker
making an artificial pause before them.

I mean, those are bar lines.  Not crowbar lines.  I find that stuff
flows more naturally when one does not need to sew notes back together
that ventured across a bar line or even a beat.