Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 09:16:57 -0400

On Apr 1, 2016, at 17:59 , Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:

> the current syntax, as well as more concise. Another consideration would be
> \CompletionRhythmsOn, but OTOH when would anybody need to turn it _off_?

Well,

Are there any known issues that make this feature annoying in certain cases?
any undesirable interactions with other options that are off by default?

Does it always do the right thing with multi-measure rests?  Does it work
during cadenzas?  Across staff changes (manual or automatic)?  With
\partcombine?  etc.

In other words, is this feature mature?

I don’t use the completion engravers, so I don’t have answers, but these are
the kinds of questions that should be asked before turning it on by default and
to decide whether the command to turn it off should be terse or verbose.

An easy first step would be to turn it on by default and see what happens to
the regression tests.
—
Dan