Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 22:11:20 +0200

Am 01.04.2016 um 23:59 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Hello,

using Completion_heads_engraver and Completion_rests_engraver means a
lot of typing, and yet it is a pretty stereotypical action. So I thought
about introducing a context modification identifier (like
\RemoveEmptyStaves) for this task. Do you think this makes sense?

I rarely use the Completion_*_engraver features, but I think it would be more user-friendly not to have to cope with engravers but to switch
this feature on (and off).

Perhaps one might also have one for only notes and one for only rests,
but I’m not sure if there are actual use cases for this.
It’s somewhat difficult to find a name. First I thought of
\SplitRhythmsAtBar (\SplitNotesAtBar, \SplitRestsAtBar), then I thought
\CompletionRhythms (…Notes, …Rests) would be more reminiscent of the
current syntax, as well as more concise. Another consideration would be
\CompletionRhythmsOn, but OTOH when would anybody need to turn it _off_?

I'd prefer \[Cc]ompletionRhythm{On|Off]

Just my 2ct,

Marc