Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:50:15 +0000

Let's see if I understand the issue here.

Because the incipit is generated as a separate score hidden inside a
music function it is not possible to use the usual override mechanism to
change any values set inside the music function, including the value of
InstrumentName.self-aligment-X.  The default value of self-aligment-X is
CENTER, but it is set to RIGHT within the music function because it is
thought this makes the incipit look better.  Since the user cannot
change it, it is important that the value chosen is optimum.

The problem I see arises when the user has a standard for the position
of InstrumentName which is different from whatever is set in the incipit
music function.  A publisher will want to maintain his house style
whatever that is, and will want incipits to follow that.  So in my view
it is essential that a means to change the position of InstrumentName
for incipits is highly desirable.  David has suggested one way of
achieving this, albeit by a rather inelegant approach.  I think the
means of achieving this needs to be explored further.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270043/