Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 address@hidden)

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:40:15 +0200

On 2014-08-21 17:03, Trevor Daniels wrote:
Phil, you wrote Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:18 PM
And this is the nub of the discussion.  There's nothing actually _wrong_
with my patch: it's just you don't like how it looks.  I very much do.  This
time I've attached a centre-aligned and a right-aligned example, and much
prefer the latter.  And if you say right-aligned is wrong, you should also
write to Elaine Gould to correct her.
The only mention of incipits that I can find in Elaine Gould's book is on
page  433.  She says nothing there about alignment of instrument names, but
the image of the incipit has them left-aligned, above the staff showing the
ancient
music.

As Trevor mentions, in Gould's example the instrument names are above the incipit staff snippet (original names), and also above the ordinary staffs (modern names). Could that be an alternative?? It seems to me to be saving some space.... I could post a scan for those who haven't the book available!?

Best
Peter