Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 address@hidden)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:56:54 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> Let's see if anyone else has an opinion.

About what?  You want to argue about what instrument name alignment
looks nicest.  But that's besides the point.

The issue I am talking about is that there is nothing inherent in
incipits that makes aligning instrument names differently in the
presence of incipits sensible.

If you want a different default alignment of instrument names, by all
means propose a respective issue and support it with quotes from Gould.
I am not opposed to that, and on forming a common decision about the
default based on literature and visual comparisons.

But it's an issue separate from incipits.  You have not volunteered
_any_ argument that would make the situation different regarding
incipits, so there is no point in overriding the default.  Not even with
#CENTER which is _currently_ the default instrument name alignment but
which we may elect to change at some point of time.