Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:02:57 +0000

On 2014/08/21 12:55:37, Jean-Charles wrote:
On 2014/06/29 13:51:33, PhilEHolmes wrote:
> Please review.

Sorry to step in like that.  I'm not able to comment on the code, but
have just
one question, since I don't use incipits: does it happen that the
original score
reproduced in an incipit happens to be on a four lines staff? How
would it then
be verticaly positionned relatively to the "modern" staff?

There is one incipit per Staff and in line with it.  The horizontal
positioning is more of an issue: in the approach taken here, each
incipit is typeset independently and stretched to the same length.
Arguably that's not a good fit for anything but first-note-or-syllable
incipits.  However, at the current point of time I don't see a
convincing approach to get both horizontal alignment and a good
integration of incipits with the rest.  Since the main function of the
incipit is to illustrate the original key and clef,
first-note-or-syllable incipits are about the most important variants
anyway.  If we figure out something better for inherently polyphonic
incipits, it will likely need to get an entirely different interface.

So there is little point in worrying about it in the course of this
issue.

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270043/