Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 09:13:40 -0400

On Aug 18, 2014, at 04:51 , David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Keith OHara" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Not if there are uses of NullVoice as a completely invisible voice.
>> If NullVoice does not show its own accidentals, alterations on
>> NullVoice notes should not count for figuring which further notes need
>> visible accidentals.
>
> So NullVoice needs its own local accidental style?

With the accidental styles for vocal music, the accidentals engraved for one
voice depend on what has happened in other voices, so it would seem a little
dissonant to define the style within the voice context.

Should all kinds of Voice have a property telling the Accidental engraver
whether or not to pay attention to them?  If NullVoice is meant to be an
invisible voice, then this property would be set to false for it.  In my case,
where I don’t want to fix just the lyrics, but also dynamics and accidentals, I
would set this property to false in the part combiner’s voices and true in a
WorkaroundVoice (or whatever).

Or is there another way to filter out information from X context before it is
given to Y engraver?  I expect that would reduce the amount of conditional code
in the engraver (though my knowledge of Lilypond internals is superficial).
—
Dan