Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 20:15:47 -0400

On Aug 10, 2014, at 15:40 , Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2014, at 14:55 , Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You could then enter \accepts NullVoice into just those Staffs where you use
>> this technique.
>> (Usually, \partcombine refuses to change the voicing during dynamics,
>> resulting more often in doubled dynamics;  I didn't know it would lose
>> dynamics.)
> Doh!  I just remembered that I’m not using the default functions for
> generating the part combiner split list.  I’m using 2.16(?) with my own
> modifications that make it look better for vocal music.  I’ll test the
> default and provide an example.  Maybe I need to merge the scheme code from
> the newer release into my own.

Please try this.  The first score is missing a dynamic mark.  The second score
has both, with each on the correct side of the staff.
—
Dan

\version "2.18.2"

soprano = \relative c'' { c-\mf }
alto = \relative c'' { a-\f }

AddDynamicEngravers = \with {
  \consists "Dynamic_engraver"
  \consists "Dynamic_align_engraver"
}

RemoveDynamicEngravers = \with {
  \remove "Dynamic_engraver"
  \remove "Dynamic_align_engraver"
}

\score {
  \partcombine \soprano \alto
}

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \new Voice = "one" \with { \RemoveDynamicEngravers }
    \new Voice = "shared" \with { \RemoveDynamicEngravers }
    \new Voice = "two" \with { \RemoveDynamicEngravers }
    \partcombine \soprano \alto

    \new NullVoice = "soprano" \with { \AddDynamicEngravers \dynamicUp } {
      \soprano
    }

    \new NullVoice = "alto" \with { \AddDynamicEngravers \dynamicDown } {
      \alto
    }
  }
}