Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 00:11:35 -0400

On Aug 24, 2014, at 20:25 , Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 13:16:22 -0700, Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Your previous approach with the SpecialVoiceGroup seemed more promising, if
> that group includes only the separate voices for each part, and if you move
> the accidental_engraver to that group.

Thank you for saying that.  It inspired me go back and try something I hadn’t
before (\hide NoteHead), and this time I see no visual problems so far.  (I
should test that accidentals work properly on tied notes.)  Would you expect
\hide NoteHead to cause any noticeable artifacts?

I suppose the fact that my SpecialVoice uses \hide NoteHead whereas your
NullVoice uses \omit NoteHead means I can not get away with combining them into
a single kind of voice for part combiner work-arounds.
—
Dan