Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:37:01 -0400

On Aug 25, 2014, at 00:11 , Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2014, at 20:25 , Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 13:16:22 -0700, Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Your previous approach with the SpecialVoiceGroup seemed more promising, if
>> that group includes only the separate voices for each part, and if you move
>> the accidental_engraver to that group.
>
> Thank you for saying that.  It inspired me go back and try something I hadn’t
> before (\hide NoteHead), and this time I see no visual problems so far.  (I
> should test that accidentals work properly on tied notes.)  Would you expect
> \hide NoteHead to cause any noticeable artifacts?

I did have to add the Tie_engraver.  Now I’m working on the last issue that I’m
aware of:

    programming error: note column without heads and stem
    continuing, cross fingers
    programming error: Note_column without first_head()
    continuing, cross fingers

A simplified example follows.  How should I interpret these?  Is there
something genuinely wrong with the approach?  Are the messages overzealous?  I
see no visual problems in the real score from which this example is derived.
Thanks for your help.
—
Dan

\version "2.18.0"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \accepts "SpecialVoice"
  }

  \context {
    \name "SpecialVoice"
    \type "Engraver_group"

    \consists "Note_heads_engraver"
    \hide NoteHead
  }
}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice \relative c'' { c2 r }
    \new SpecialVoice \relative g' { g2. g4 }

}