Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:02:07 -0400

On Aug 11, 2014, at 02:43 , Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

> So \partcombine has another limitation in that it sets \partcombine b4\f b\p
> as unison despite the different dynamics.  Using \partcombineApart is the
> simple solution.
>
> If you meant \new Staff <<..>>  in your example then I see now NullVoice
> helps.

Yes, <<>> is what I am actually using.  I typoed it in the conversion to a tiny
example.

> \new Dynamics \soprano above the Staff would do similar, but then all the
> dynamics would be set on the same line.

Thanks for the suggestion.  In addition to not being as tightly spaced, there
is the minor inconvenience that it increases the number of contexts that have
to be considered when placing lyrics with \set alignAboveContext = “...".

> I'll still put NullVoice in \score by default, so it doesn't interact with
> the accidental engraver, or anything else that we haven't noticed yet, and
> let you  \new Staff \with { \accepts NullVoice } when you really want
> NullVoice included in the Staff.

Thanks for your help with this.
—
Dan