Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:58:05 -0700

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 00:29:35 -0700, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

On 25 mars 2013, at 07:10, address@hidden wrote:

It looks like you try to use a common UP/DOWN direction for the portions
of a broken slur, and the image you posted to the bug-tracker showed a
common direction for each half of a broken slur, but the current patch
gives me inconsistent directions (in every case but especially line 3).

I only use a common UP/DOWN if it is set by the user beforehand.  Otherwise, it
is calculated with the usual callbacks.

I see.  I thought you were using the same machinery that breaks slurs at
line-breaks, which uses a common direction between halves.  I see now that you
are breaking earlier, at 'engraving', before all the notes under a slur are
engraved, thus befor the slur directions are determined. Shucks.

Please do just one manual review of the regression suite between
versions before adding another test of this length.

What do you mean here?

You'll see a large number of very small regression tests, and a few huge very
repetitive tests.  You might think the huge repetitive tests get in the way of
review.