Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:29:35 +0200

On 25 mars 2013, at 07:10, address@hidden wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to do this.  No-one else knows enough of the
> various stages of processing to bring all the pieces together.
>
> It looks like you try to use a common UP/DOWN direction for the portions
> of a broken slur, and the image you posted to the bug-tracker showed a
> common direction for each half of a broken slur, but the current patch
> gives me inconsistent directions (in every case but especially line 3).

I only use a common UP/DOWN if it is set by the user beforehand.  Otherwise, it
is calculated with the usual callbacks.

>> After some consideration, I consider the name \broken
>> suboptimal since it implies two pieces.
>
> Conceptually, of course, there *are* two pieces.  The other piece is
> probably at the other end of the repeat. The automatic behavior is quite
> good, so fortunately we will rarely need to look up whatever name the
> committee approves for the command to make a broken slur.

It'd be a shame for this to get stuck in the pipes because we can't figure out
a good name.  I am indifferent and I don't mind \broken or whatever really.

> https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/diff/65002/input/regression/repeat-slur.ly
> File input/regression/repeat-slur.ly (right):
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/diff/65002/input/regression/repeat-slur.ly#newcode2
> input/regression/repeat-slur.ly:2:
> Please do just one manual review of the regression suite between
> versions before adding another test of this length.

What do you mean here?

Thanks for the review!

Cheers,
MS