Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:55:31 -0000

address@hidden wrote Monday, March 25, 2013 7:29 AM

> On 25 mars 2013, at 07:10, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> Conceptually, of course, there *are* two pieces.  The other piece is
>> probably at the other end of the repeat. The automatic behavior is quite
>> good, so fortunately we will rarely need to look up whatever name the
>> committee approves for the command to make a broken slur.
>
> It'd be a shame for this to get stuck in the pipes because we can't figure
> out a good name.  I am indifferent and I don't mind \broken or whatever
> really.

Yes, let's move this on now.

If we want the name to apply to the slur as a whole then \broken or \split look
good.  I'd be happy with that.

But as the function is being applied to an end point of a slur, not the whole
slur, I actually prefer "\free(" and "\free)", to be vocalised as "free opening
slur" and "free closing slur", or possibly \floating.

But I'll accept anything now to move this on :)

Trevor