Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 05:10:35 +0000

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  No-one else knows enough of the
various stages of processing to bring all the pieces together.

It looks like you try to use a common UP/DOWN direction for the portions
of a broken slur, and the image you posted to the bug-tracker showed a
common direction for each half of a broken slur, but the current patch
gives me inconsistent directions (in every case but especially line 3).

After some consideration, I consider the name \broken
suboptimal since it implies two pieces.

Conceptually, of course, there *are* two pieces.  The other piece is
probably at the other end of the repeat. The automatic behavior is quite
good, so fortunately we will rarely need to look up whatever name the
committee approves for the command to make a broken slur.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/diff/65002/input/regression/repeat-slur.ly
File input/regression/repeat-slur.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/diff/65002/input/regression/repeat-slur.ly#newcode2
input/regression/repeat-slur.ly:2:
Please do just one manual review of the regression suite between
versions before adding another test of this length.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/