Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:38:59 +0000

Hi Mike,

sorry to be such an inch pincher.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/23001/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/23001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode1061
scm/output-lib.scm:1061: (thick (* thick (layout-line-thickness grob)))
At first sight I was surprised about `layout-line-thickness´. Than I
remembered, it is defined in bar-line.scm
How about making it public, moving it to lily-library.scm?
It could be used then in local custom-definitions.
Same with `layout-blot-diameter´.
I know, it's another topic, though, what do you think about it?

https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/23001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode1078
scm/output-lib.scm:1078:
What do you think about predefining sth like
ferneyhoughHairpinOn/Off
constanteHairpinOn/Off
in /lyproperty-init.ly?
i.e.
ferneyhoughHairpinOn =
\override Hairpin #'stencil = #ferneyhough-hairpin

https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/23001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode1082
scm/output-lib.scm:1082: (define-public constante-hairpin
I'm not happy with constante-hairpin.

Look at the output from:

dimMolto =
#(make-dynamic-script (markup #:normal-text #:italic "dim. molto"))

\relative c'' {
  \dynamicUp
  \override Hairpin #'stencil = #constante-hairpin
  a1 a4\dimMolto\> a a a\!
}

The "hook" is placed at the left pointing up.

Wouldn't it be better to have the hook _always_ at the right?
Perhaps by adding a boolean variable to `my-c-p-s´. Doing scaling only
while (and scalable? decresc?).

Is it possible to make the hook-direction depending on the position of
the Hairpin i.e below or above the staff?

https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/