Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:37:52 +0000

On 2013/03/17 12:42:02, mike7 wrote:

You'd have to have a wrapper function with a call to ly:scale-stencil
with a -1
to the Y axis based on the direction of the grob.

Sure.
Or in
(define (my-c-p-s ...
as it is done for `decresc?ยด

This is doable, but I'd wait to see from someone who knows how these
things work
if this is actually how they are printed.
I want to say that they are always printed with the line going up
irrespective
of the side of the staff, but I could be wrong.

The only Ferneyhough-score I've at home prints the dynamics always below
the system.
("Cassandra's Dream Song" for Solo Flute, Edition Peters, 1975)
Perhaps ask on the user-list.

Thanks for the review!

You're welcome.
Most of your patches are work with C++, which I don't know.
Since the current one provides some very nice feature using scheme, I
had a closer look.
Perhaps you noticed that I already used this approach to answer an
user-question.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/