Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 06:48:34 +0100

On 12 mars 2013, at 00:38, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> sorry to have some more nit-picks.
>

> https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/15001/scm/output-lib.scm
> File scm/output-lib.scm (right):
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/15001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode1051
> scm/output-lib.scm:1051: 0.1
> Hard-coded thickness.
> Why not multiply 'thickness-property from Hairpin and 'line-thickness as
> usual?

Good call!

> https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/15001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode1052
> scm/output-lib.scm:1052: 1.0
> I'd do the scaling here.
> ly:stencil-scale would be superfluous than.

I'll try it out.

> https://codereview.appspot.com/7615043/diff/15001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode1077
> scm/output-lib.scm:1077: (cons xtrans ytrans)))
> I'm not sure ytrans is needed.
> Setting it 0 seems to make no difference.
> Delete and use ly:stencil-translate-axis?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference either. The idea is that, conceptually,
we want the stencil to have the same translation as the original (which is
always 0 for now). If that changes in the hairpin print function, we want that
to change in this function as well.

Cheers,
MS