Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 00:22:36 +0100

hi all,

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> The image Trevor Bača posted
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-03/pngIGBdggySyh.png
> shows that the left ends of a decrecsendo-hairpin are vertical aligned
> even if the hairpin isn't extended horizontal but ascending.
> Currently the vertical alignment is gone if the hairpin is rotated, and,
> afaik, this is the only way an ascending hairpin is available (apart
> from constructing a new one from scratch).
>
> (Similiar for cresc-hairpins.)
>
> Is it possible to extend your code to achieve this?
> Might be an interesting feature for common hairpins as well.

this reminds me of an idea i had that would probably play nicely with this:
make it possible to manipulate hairpins' ends separately.
The point would be that you could specify a vertical offset for one
end and thus easily achieve a slanted hairpin (without going into
hassle of figuring out rotation angle, doing trigonometry etc).

best,
Janek