Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Adds Ferneyhough hairpins to LilyPond. (issue 7615043)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 23:15:08 +0000

Hi Mike,

one thought.

The image Trevor Bača posted
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-03/pngIGBdggySyh.png
shows that the left ends of a decrecsendo-hairpin are vertical aligned
even if the hairpin isn't extended horizontal but ascending.
Currently the vertical alignment is gone if the hairpin is rotated, and,
afaik, this is the only way an ascending hairpin is available (apart
from constructing a new one from scratch).

(Similiar for cresc-hairpins.)

Is it possible to extend your code to achieve this?
Might be an interesting feature for common hairpins as well.

Since I don't know of I explained myself well enough, here some
markup-code which mimics it:

#(define drag-hairpin 5) % try different values

\markup
  \postscript
  #(string-append
  "
    0 1.5 moveto
    0.5 -0.75 rlineto
    15
    "
    (number->string (+ -0.75 drag-hairpin))
    "
    rlineto

    0 -1.5 moveto
    0.5 0.75 rlineto
    15
    "
    (number->string (+ 0.75 drag-hairpin))
    "
    rlineto
    stroke

    % a red line to show vertical alignment:

    gsave
    0 3 moveto
    1 0 0 setrgbcolor
    0 -6 rlineto