Re: Freezing for 2.18

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Freezing for 2.18
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:26:44 +0100 (CET)

> I just put out the announcement because I feel we should now stop
> accumulating stuff that will require half a year to reach a stable
> state.  We need to focus on dealing with what we have in the queue
> right now rather than heaving new things into master that will be
> beneficial to end users only in a long time frame.

Given that you are the spider in the middle of the web, so to say,
it's probably best if you decide on the time frame.

Are you planning to split off 1.18 into a separate branch?  Or rather
we the opposite, this is, collecting new developments in separate
branches which get merged after 1.18 is out?  I would argue for the
latter so that all developers do use the code (more or less) which
eventually becomes the release...

    Werner