Re: Freezing for 2.18

From: Colin Hall
Subject: Re: Freezing for 2.18
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:19:42 +0000

Janek Warchoł writes:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> So I see us at a crossroads here: either we decide we want to have a
>> stable release in a reasonable point of time in the near future, or we
>> decide we don't want to plan for a stable release anytime soon.
>>
>> If we decide we want a stable release at some point in the foreseeable
>> future, it means to stop adding destabilizing work to master and focus
>> on stabilizing work instead.
>
> Agreed.  Nevertheless, stabilizing master doesn't have to mean pausing
> "unstable" work.  I think it can be done in a branch.

Absolutely. I thought that we had adopted this proposal:

http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_3.html

If so, it should be clear which of the recent 2.17.x are stable.

Just cut a release based on that code. Add some doc updates and
translations if they are available, or make them known issues if not. As
Janek says, anything else goes into a branch.

Cheers,
Colin.

--
Colin Hall