Re: Freezing for 2.18

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Freezing for 2.18
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:46:39 +0100

On 10 mars 2013, at 18:32, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Ok folks, it is this time of the year again: I am trying to make myself
unpopular.

There's a time of the year for that?

It also means that commits of the "this really does nothing, but it
prepares the ground for $xxx, and I don't know just where this is going,
so quite a bit of it might be changed into something different yet"
should happen in a branch.  Actually, I am of the opinion that most of
these changes should happen in a branch anyway.  A "commit" implies
commitment, and if one has taken a bad path, redoing it is much harder
if the dead end has already ended in the main code base.

As the world champion of this style of coding, I can conclusively say that I have no problem freezing all my experiments except the large translate_axis call patch, as I am sure that I know where its going and I almost have it wrapped up after many rounds of revision and review.

Cheers,
MS