help-gnu-music

Re: Two notes sharing a head

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Two notes sharing a head
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:19:47 +0100

> > Try Staff.Collision\push #'merge-differently-dotted = ##t .
> >

> OH boy ! That is a cold shower for somebody who is new to lilypond !
>
> Where should I write this magical word ?
> I guess it has to go into :
>
>   \paper { \translator {

The easiest is to add this property setting within the actual
music part, for example with
mirere = \notes {
  \property Staff.Collision\push #'merge-differently-dotted = ##t
  <
    \context Voice = first { \stemup [e8 d'8 d'8]  }
    \context Voice = secd { \stemdown e4. }

However, when I try it, it doesn't work. Bug?

    /Mats