help-gnu-music

Two notes sharing a head

From: POLCHER Jan
Subject: Two notes sharing a head
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:16:20 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I wish to write the following in Lilypond :

(\times 12/8;)
mirere = \notes { <
    \context Voice = first { \stemup [e8 d'8 d'8]  }
    \context Voice = secd { \stemdown e4. }
   > }

What I expect is that the first note (e) has only one head but a stem down
and other one up which then links up with a beam to the two other notes
in the first voice. This note will also have a point.

Lilypond does not do this but writes two head for the note "e".

I am able to get what I want with the following code :

mirere = \notes { <
    \context Voice = first { \stemup [e8. d'8 d'8]  }
    \context Voice = secd { \stemdown e4. }
   > }

Then effectively the first note of both voices has only one head (I guess
this is because both have a point now). But the counter part is that the
first voice is longer than the second one and that causes trouble later
on.

So what do I have to do to get "e8" from the first voice and "e4." from
the second voice to share the same head ?

I am using version 1.3.93.

Thank you very much for your help.

        Best regards

                Jan

Jan Polcher                                           TEL: -33-1-44274763
Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique du CNRS         FAX: -33-1-44276272
Tour 25, 5eme étage, Case 99, 4 pl. Jussieu,         75252 PARIS cedex 05
http://www.lmd.jussieu.fr/~polcher/            address@hidden