help-gnu-music

Re: Two notes sharing a head

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Two notes sharing a head
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:48:13 +0100

> address@hidden writes:
> > > Try Staff.Collision\push #'merge-differently-dotted = ##t .
> >
> > Wow, that's really handy, I wish I had known about that.  Is there ANY
> > documentation whatsoever about all these little niceties, or is the only
> > answer, "Trudge through the scheme files and see what you find"?
>
> Try
>

> http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/lilypond-internals.html
>
> and click on Collision.
>
> It's still in flux, and we appreciate comments about how we can make
> it easier to navigate.

For this particular example, you won't find the answer clicking on
Collision_engraver. Try to click on note-column-interface.
Why isn't this information included in the documentation of
NoteColumn? The table of contents looks really weird for the
contexts. A search facility and back-links from interfaces
to elements would make it slightly more easy to navigate,
but you still more or less have to now the answer to be able
to find the documentation.

(I still don't understand why the different interfaces have to
be visible in the user documentation.)

        /Mats