help-gnu-music

Re: Two notes sharing a head

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Two notes sharing a head
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:41:52 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> > It's still in flux, and we appreciate comments about how we can make
> > it easier to navigate.
>
> For this particular example, you won't find the answer clicking on
> Collision_engraver. Try to click on note-column-interface.
> Why isn't this information included in the documentation of
> NoteColumn?

Because listing unset properties generates huge pages that all look
alike.  I think it is better to have most information in screen-sized
chunks.

> The table of contents looks really weird for the
> contexts. A search facility and back-links from interfaces
> to elements would make it slightly more easy to navigate,
> but you still more or less have to now the answer to be able
> to find the documentation.

I added links leading from ElementName to all the interfaces it
supports.  I especially added a link from note-collision-interface to
note-column-interface (modulo typing error), and a link  back.  I don't
really understand why you think the information is hard to find.

> (I still don't understand why the different interfaces have to
> be visible in the user documentation.)

Why do the different interfacess have to be invisible in the user
documentation?