guile-gtk-general

Re: g-wrap parallel installability part deux

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: g-wrap parallel installability part deux
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:15:34 +0200

Hey all,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 22:11 +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> > From the pkgsrc point of view, the new g-wrap would get a g-wrap2
> > package, and one could install both.

FWIW at this point I'm not averse to changing to (g-wrap2) as the module
name. It's foolproof, modulo any typos when doing the switch. Otherwise
GnuCash must compile with the new g-wrap (consider bsd's that build
their systems, gentoo, etc.)

I agree with Greg that this is a serious issue.

> > Even if the download link were just a server-generated page
> > with what's in the directory it woudl be nicer for the casual user.

I'll see about doing this today or tomorrow.

> Perhaps we should do like Gnome-Python and provide publically
> advertized (on gnome-lang-bindings) prereleases. Wingo?

Sure, once you can actually install it with g-wrap ;) I don't want to
deal with answering double-g-wrap installation bugs -- I'm too high-
latency, and users will get discouraged.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/