guile-gtk-general

Re: g-wrap parallel installability part deux

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: g-wrap parallel installability part deux
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:30:48 -0400

> The problem is that parallel-installability is not as easy as one
> might think - the underlying problem is that both the old and the new
> g-wrap provide the Guile module (g-wrap). If you know of a way how to
> solve that, I'd like to hear it. Instead, I'm trying to make it

Sure, call the new module g-wrap2 :-)

> compatible (well, not *really* compatible, but compatible enough for
> GnuCash, which is apparently the only user of the old G-Wrap).

If that's the only user, and you can make them happy, that sounds
great.

> > But, according to
> >
> >   http://home.gna.org/guile-gnome/download/
> >
> > they aren't tarballs :-), and I don't see anything on the developer page
> > either.  Even if the download link were just a server-generated page
> > with what's in the directory it woudl be nicer for the casual user.
> >
> Perhaps we should do like Gnome-Python and provide publically
> advertized (on gnome-lang-bindings) prereleases. Wingo?

Sure, but even just listing the available tarballs on the download
page, and cleaning up the dead links on the g-wrap page would be a
major step forward.  Those pages (particularly guile-gnome) give the
impression that no one is doing anything since they are out of date.

Thanks for the insights.