Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)

From: Dave Denholm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:12:38 +0100

Gunnar Farnebäck <address@hidden> writes:

> I wrote (on August 3):
>> 2. GNU Go plays black, white mirrors
>>
>> Play tengen within some 10 to 20 moves.
>>
>> 4. GNU Go plays white, black starts at tengen and mirrors, komi < 0.
>>
>> Start a sequence to capture tengen within 10 to 20 moves.
>
> Implemented by the appended patch. As I intend this to go into 3.6 it
> would be good if someone can take a look to see that everything looks
> good.

I was wondering at the time, but never got round to writing...

why allow komi < 0 at all ?

I know it can be used on small boards when n stones is too few but n+1
stones is too many, but on an even game ?

Just doesn't seem worth adding extra complications to the code to
handle an uninteresting game option ?

dd
--
Dave Denholm              <address@hidden>       http://www.esmertec.com