[gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:47:24 +0200 (CEST)

I got this question from Bill Shubert. Ideas anyone?

Arend

Lately some clown on KGS has been playing as black, komi -0.5, against
the gnugo robots, playing tengen as first move followed by mirror go.
Obviously he wins all his games by 0.5 points. What would be your
thought on teaching gnugo how to defeat a mirror go game? :-) I think
the hard part would be noticing mirror go - once it is spotted, a simple
pattern to force the player to break mirror go (or else lose) would do
the trick.