Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:14:58 +0200 (CEST)

Gunnar wrote:
> I wrote (on August 3):
> > 2. GNU Go plays black, white mirrors
> >
> > Play tengen within some 10 to 20 moves.
> >
> > 4. GNU Go plays white, black starts at tengen and mirrors, komi < 0.
> >
> > Start a sequence to capture tengen within 10 to 20 moves.
>
> Implemented by the appended patch. As I intend this to go into 3.6 it
> would be good if someone can take a look to see that everything looks
> good.

Just to confirm that I read through it and found everything ok :)

> +/* Returns true if

> + * 4. str is placed at tengen.

> +int
> +break_mirror_helper(int str, int color)
> +{

Maybe better "int pos"? I would have thought that "str" usually just
denotes a string, i.e. the function should be invariant wrt
str = find_origin(str). (Other cases where this naming convention would
matter is where we test whether a stone is on the edge of the board.)

Arend