Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Premi ères impression s au sujet de arch (forgive m

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Premi ères impression s au sujet de arch (forgive me to post this in french)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:30:29 +0100

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:32:56PM +0200, Gonzalo Higuera D'iaz wrote:
> <translation>
>
> - The name of the creator in the root:
>
>    To get the sources of the project at initialisation time, or to
>    create the project for the first time, it is necessary to write
>    $ID_OF_CREATOR-.... I don't find the presence of the id a good
>    idea since during the project lifetime the ide of this person
>    will stay the same even if the person leaves the project or if he
>    hasn't been at the head of it.

Let's say I start a project and host it on greenrd.org. Then later I decide
to hand maintainership to someone else and wash my hands of it. The new
archive will be tagged off my one, and it will be named using the email
address of the new maintainer. Which correctly represents the history of
maintainership.

That's why I think with open source projects it's a good idea to have
one archive per project. (Although you can have subprojects which are
not likely to be separated being inside the same archive.)
--
Robin