Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Premières impression s au sujet de arch (forgive me

From: Martin Pool
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Premières impression s au sujet de arch (forgive me to post this in french)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:30:26 +1000

On 26 Apr 2004, Robin Green <address@hidden> wrote:

> Let's say I start a project and host it on greenrd.org. Then later I decide
> to hand maintainership to someone else and wash my hands of it. The new
> archive will be tagged off my one, and it will be named using the email
> address of the new maintainer. Which correctly represents the history of
> maintainership.
>
> That's why I think with open source projects it's a good idea to have
> one archive per project. (Although you can have subprojects which are
> not likely to be separated being inside the same archive.)

Sorry, I don't understand how the second paragraph follows from the
first?  Is it because you might want to shut down the first archive
after someone else takes over?

I've been wondering what criteria to use for splitting between
archives that are hosted in the same place.  One obvious one is the
privacy or licensing of the code.  Should there be one for each
project too?

I suppose people who might want to mirror the archive might be
interested in particular categories and not necessarily all the
published work from that person.

--
Martin