Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Describing archives (new feature at the mirror)

From: Julian T J Midgley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Describing archives (new feature at the mirror)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:23:25 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Miles Bader wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:01:19AM -0500, James Blackwell wrote:
> > P.S. Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, !PLEASE! don't carbon copy me
> > if you are also sending to the list, at least not unless you're really
> > trying to annoy me. Pretty please?
>
> You should add Mail-Followup-To: and maybe that other-header-I-can't-
> remember-right-now; that may assist MUAs to do what you want automatically.

And/or set up a procmail or other filter to automatically dispose of
duplicates for you - there are so many occasions (and lists) where you are
likely otherwise to end up with numerous copies that the appropriate
solution is to deal with the problem at your end, rather than require
everyone else in the world to change their habits to suit you ;-)

Julian

--
Julian T. J. Midgley                       http://www.xenoclast.org/
Cambridge, England.